Do you know someone who may be struggling with living independently in their accommodation?
We may be able to assist them by referring their details to a provider who will give them low level, housing related floating support.
This service helps people in Suffolk cope with problems that affect their accommodation. Support Workers visit individuals in their home and work alongside them to assist them to develop the skills that they need to live independently and maintain their accommodation.
The sort of support that may be provided is listed below. The support will typically consist of up to 3 hours per week, is short term and is reviewed every 13 weeks. The service is free, independent and confidential.
Avoid Losing a Home:
- Support to maintain accommodation and avoid eviction
- Support with setting up a home for the first time
- Support with managing day to day activities such as shopping on a budget, menu planning, maintaining the home.
Achieve Economic Wellbeing:
- Support to maximise income, including receipt of the correct benefits
- Support to reduce debt
- Support to obtain paid work
Enjoy and Achieve:
- Support to participate in training and/or education
- Support to engage in leisure/cultural or faith and/or informal learning activities
- Support to participate in any work like activities e.g. unpaid work / work experience / work like experience / voluntary work
- Support to establish contact with external services / groups / friends or family
- Support to better manage physical health
- Support to better manage mental health
- Support to better manage substance misuse issues
- Support to comply with statutory orders and related processes in relation to offending behaviour
- Support to better manage self harm
- Support to avoid causing harm to others
Make a Positive Contribution:
- Support in developing confidence and ability to have greater choice and/or control and/or involvement
We do not provide:
- Cleaning, gardening, shopping or cooking
- Administering medication
- Personal care
- Handling service users money or personal finances
Although we don't provide such services, we will try and put you in contact with other services who can provide this type of help or specialist care, if that is what you need.
We cannot help people who:
- Because of immigration status, are unable to access public funds
- Present unacceptably high risks to staff
- Are under the age of 16